You know IMS2017 has a lot to offer. But how do you justify your trip?
1. Submit a paper. If your paper is accepted, your school or company is more likely to support you attending and presenting.
2. Be specific about why you are attending. How does the conference content advance your work? Review the IMS2016 program books for examples of past technical content.
3. Find out when your funding cycle begins and submit your request early. If the budget is planned at the beginning of the year, submit your request in January or February.
4. Itemize the costs you are requesting. Create an estimated budget for airfare, lodging, transportation, conference registration, etc.
5. Report back on your experience. Give a presentation or writeup to your sponsors with highlights of your attendance. What information can you bring back that they might be interested in?
Once a year MTT-S/IMS offers the single best opportunity to get the entire pulse of our industry in just one week. The conferences bring together thousands of the world's top microwave and wireless experts. In addition to the flagship IMS Conference, Microwave Week also hosts the IEEE RFIC and ARFTG conferences. In a single event you connect with key people and learn about the technology advances you need to make informed decisions.
Benefits of attending IMS are centered around four major components: discover new innovations and emerging technologies, improve your technical knowledge, connect with your colleagues, customers and vendors face-to-face, and see what new products are on offer for you to leverage in one efficient trip!
Innovations and Emerging Technologies:
IMS2017 offers focus sessions which highlight emerging technologies that are gaining importance and may be of significant interest to the microwave and wireless community.
Microwave Week has countless opportunities to connect with other members of our growing community. No other event in the industry offers access to as many technical experts and product representatives, or provides as good a forum to exchange ideas and meet the people who truly move our industry forward.
Hundreds of exhibitors represent the state-of-the-art when it comes to materials, devices, components, design and test solutions, and services as well. Whatever you are looking to acquire, you will find the industry leaders ready and willing to answer your questions.
With all these benefits of attending, it is hard to imagine a more productive way than spending one week at IMS2017.
Need more reasons to attend IMS2017? Below are additional resources for your reference:
Read the article "Why Going to Engineering Conferences is Important".
Build your case from this video for why IMS2017 will deliver incredible value to you and your company.